Thursday, December 1, 2022

The holidays during wartime –

Ike was absolutely correct, we truly need to beware ‘the military-industrial complex.’ I had been highly suspicious of the follow statistic – the US has been involved in some form of ‘armed military‘ conflicts 228 out of the 245 years of it’s existence. But I’ve tracked it across a number of different sources, for example 1, 2 & 3, and a consensus seems to be that we are a very war-like nation. So it is very easy to see how the true reason for the holidays is lost in the fog of war –

The Christmas Truce on the Western Front of 1914 –




I'm Sending A Letter To Santa Claus Vera Lynn -




World War II Christmas Radio with Ginger Rogers




Christmas message 1952 -




There's Peace In Korea Sister Rosetta Tharpe -




Christmas in Viet Nam Soul Searchers -




I Want To Come Home For Christmas Marvin Gaye –



What set the Christmas songs of the Vietnam War apart was their naked honesty concerning the plight of the soldier. These guys weren’t very happy to be there – at least, they didn’t stay that way very long after going “in country.”


Bob Hope USO Christmas Special from the Persian Gulf –




Christmas in Fallujah  Billy Joel –




Christmas Day
from Afghanistan 2017 –




Happy Xmas (War Is Over) –





Demand Euphoria!


No comments:

Post a Comment