Wednesday, December 26, 2018

We here at ACME are taking it easy



I found another Christmas gift under the tree. (I may find another during the week.)



The script for this film and the play on which it was based was inspired by Alexander Woollcott's infamous overnight stay at Moss Hart's Pennsylvania country home. Woolcott's visit had been an unmitigated nightmare, both for himself and Hart. Woolcott's overbearing, outrageous, and unbearable behavior included: insisting that he would not go to bed unless a milkshake and chocolate cookies were prepared for him, demanding that all the heat in the house be turned off, refusing to sleep in any room other than Hart's bedroom, accusing the servants of dishonesty, and writing in Hart's guestbook "I wish to say that on my first visit to Moss Hart's house I had one of the most unpleasant evenings I can ever recall having spent."


Since it's the end of the year there are lots of year end review videos. I usually find the time to post a few: this one, United State of Pop 2018: A Mashup of the 25 Biggest U.S. Pop Songs of 2018, is one of the more famous



I still have to ask the kids to tell me what some of the songs were.



Demand Euphoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment